Are you in the process of planning a trip to Ottawa for the weekend of July 20 and 21? While visiting the capital of Canada may be fun and exciting, you might be worried whether your wallet will stretch as far as you want it to. After all, sitting in the hotel room, staring out the window is not exactly exciting.
One of the best aspects of visiting Ottawa is that you don’t have to have a lot of money in your pocket to enjoy everything the city has to offer and to experience the culture. Here are just a few events you can take part in during July that will be easy on your wallet.
Low Cost and Free July Events in Ottawa
- Egyptian Festival – This event occurs on both Saturday July 20, 2013, from 10 in the morning to seven o’clock in the evening, and Sunday July 21, 2013, from noon to five o’clock in the evening. There is no charge for this kid-centered event, which includes face painting, an outdoor bazaar, hieroglyphic painting, plenty of costumes, and even a photo booth. Both English and French speaking individuals are welcome, and the event will take place at St. Mary’s Coptic Orthodox Church in West Ottawa. Admission is completely free, although donations are accepted.
- Mosaika – Want to learn more about Canada and its beautiful heritage? Take a journey of light and sound and explore the history, culture, and physicality of Canada with this bilingual show. It’s thirty minutes long and is free to all who want to attend and starts at 10 pm.
- Ligaments and Ligatures – Whether you’re studying to become a medical professional, work in the medical field, or are simply fascinated with the human body, this gallery and special event will capture your attention with its serious subject matter and the tangibility of the way it presents common diseases and organs. It’s free to get in from 9 am to 8 pm and will be presented at the city hall art gallery.
- Star Wars Identities – While the cost of this museum visit is a little higher at $24 per adult, if you are the ultimate Star Wars fan, it’s one you simply can’t miss! Here you can view original Star Wars costumes, props, artwork, and even models.
- Peace – This exhibition is perfect for those who wish to explore the heritage of Canada and the actions that have been taken to promote peace throughout the entire country. While tickets do cost a bit, they are much less expensive than usual at only $13.00. Student and family discounts are also available.
Experiencing Canada, even on a restricted budget, is easy when you know the right places to go. Take advantage of these free and low cost events so you can truly explore the great city of Ottawa. When you’re done, take another bit out of Ottawa culture by visiting Kettleman’s Catering Co., an Ottawa catering company that specializes in delicious and mouthwatering bagels, spreads, sandwiches, and much more. Let Kettleman’s Catering Co. help you experience Canada’s culinary best.
Want to experience everything you can in Ottawa without breaking the bank? Visit these events and experience the delicious flavors of Canada with the help of our Ottawa catering company.