Are you thinking of visiting Ottawa this March? As spring approaches, the city of Ottawa is full of excitement. There are plenty of things to do this coming month, and there’s no limit to the amount of fun you can have. Let’s take a look at what’s in store.
March Fun in Ottawa
- Music and Art Expo- Love art? Love music? The 2014 Expo on Clarence Street has everything you could ever want! It features fashion design, graffiti, tattoo sculptures, paintings, and live shows from local performers. There’s even a silent auction you can bid in. it’s going to be at Ottawa’s Best Venue on Saturday, March 1st. It’s only open from five o’clock to nine o’clock in the evening, so show up on time with $15 for your tickets at the door.
- Dying for a Cookie- Do you love to sit down and watch live theatre? Come by the Shenkman Arts Centre on Centrum Boulevard on March 1st. Here you’ll be able to see the play: “Dying for a Cookie: A Nanette Ninoon Mystery.” It’s the perfect murder mystery and is open to students, adults, and even children. You can make reservations now. Tickets are only $10 per adult, $5 dollars per student, and $5 for children under twelve.
- Ottawa Geek Market- Ready to give in to your inner geek? Starting on March 1st, you can visit the Nepean Sportsplex on Woodroffe avenue and celebrate everything it means to be a geek. There will be sci-fi, anime, fantasy, gaming, comic books, and plenty of vendors selling movies, board games, cards, comics, and more. Tickets are only $10 and every ticket sold means $2 to the Ottawa Foundation of Mental Health. Kids 12 and under can enter for free, and weekend passes are available for $15.
- Finding Excalibur- Do you love to sit down and listen to a good story? Then visit the Tea Party every second and fourth Tuesday from 7:00pm to 8:45pm. You’ll be able to hear multiple stories, share tea and treats, and chat with new friends. The Tea Part is located on York Street and the price of admission is anything you would like to donate.
- Venetian Ball- It’s your vacation, so why not do something out of the ordinary? This fundraising event is at the Centurion Conference and Event Centre and is for the Children’s Wish Foundation. It takes place on March 12. Tickets are only $55 a plate. If you have a large group, you can take advantage of the $500 per table for ten discounts.
Start or End Your Day With Kettleman’s Bagel Co.
While you’re enjoying these fun, exciting, and sometimes unusual events, why not satisfy your hunger by stopping in at Kettleman’s Bagel Co. for a warm Montreal style bagel? Each of these event is located less than half an hour from our Ottawa catering company, allowing you to experience the true taste of Ottawa while you enjoy the entertainment this city offers. Stop by and see us. We’ll have your bagel and schmear waiting.