While other cities may roll in the sidewalks when night falls, Ottawa knows its citizens and visitors are just getting started. This city offers a myriad of unique attractions and fun entertainment throughout the late afternoon, evening, and even into the night. If you want to explore Ottawa after 6:00 pm, though, you need to know exactly where you’re going. Luckily for you, we’ve done the hard work for you. Here are a few place you can’t miss if you’re going to spend an enjoyable evening in Bytown.
An Evening of Fun in Ottawa
- Camp Fortune- Located only 15 minutes away from downtown Ottawa, Camp Fortune provides a number of outdoor recreational activities for both adults and children. Here you can do everything from snowboarding to mountain biking to skiing. The experience is open Monday through Saturday until 10:00 pm.
- Canadian War Museum- Do you love exploring history, but want to avoid the usual crowds of children on field trips during the day? Stop by in the evening on Thursdays at the Canadian War Museum. Year round they are open on Thursdays until 8:00 pm. Here you can discover the military conflicts that happened on Canadian soil or had a significant effect on the people of this country.
- Haunted Walk of Ottawa- Who said spooky stories are just for Halloween? If you are interested in a late night haunted walk, this tour group will be happy to welcome you in. There are three different tours available, including the Naughty Ottawa Pub Walk. Even the most skeptical person will have fun with these stories- especially after dark.
- Laser Quest- Bringing your teen to Ottawa? This city has plenty to offer them at night as well, thanks to Laser Quest. This multi-level arena features heart-pounding music, swirling fog, and laser guns. Players use the laser to tag other players and score as many points as possible. Don’t worry if you have younger children; Laser Quest is open to everyone ages five and up.
- ByWard Market- Looking to shop? The ByWard Market is your one-stop shoppin center that covers roughly four square blocks. Here you’ll find cafes, museums, galleries, specialty foods, boutiques, hip nightspots, pubs, and even restaurants. It’s easily accessible by foot, by car, or by transit as well.
- Kettleman’s Bagel Co.– In the mood to eat? Experience the best Montreal bagel you’ve ever had at Kettleman’s Bagel Co. This Ottawa catering company features a number of must-try items, like their Super House Special to their chocolaty and delicious Nanaimo bars. It doesn’t matter when you’re hungry, either. They are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you can eat what you want, when you want. Don’t feel like getting out? They deliver too!
Are you ready to really experience Ottawa? Then don’t limit yourself to normal business hours. There’s plenty to experience in this great city after night falls. Whether you’re exploring a museum or enjoying a bagel and schmear at Kettleman’s Bagel Co., you’ll love experiencing Ottawa.