You live a busy life. Between work, your family, your friends, and all the activities you love, your to-do list never ends. While your schedule may be busy, that’s no excuse to skip the most important meal of the day, and thank to the delicious bagel choices at Kettleman’s Bagel Co., you don’t have to.
Here are just a few reasons you should be making breakfast a priority in your schedule.
Reasons Why Breakfast is so Important
- Wake up Your Metabolism- Did you ever stop to think about what breakfast actually means? It means to break the fast. Your body has just gone through hours of fasting while you were asleep, and it responded by slowing down your metabolic rate. When you eat breakfast, it wakes up your metabolism.
- Weigh Less- Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast are much more likely to lose more weight and keep it off. Why? There are two reasons. First, jumpstarting your metabolism early allows you to burn more calories during the day. Second, when you eat breakfast, you’re less likely to be so hungry at lunch that you overeat.
- Be Alert- Doing your best at work or at school is important, and studies have shown that people who take the time to eat a good breakfast are more alert and much more likely to do better on tests and conquer difficult tasks.
- Breakfast is Unique- Sure, you could eat that blueberry bagel with schmear any other time of the day, but are you going to? Breakfast allows you to eat the foods you love you might otherwise not eat.
- Be Happy- Did you know you’re much more likely to be in a better mood if you eat breakfast? Skipping this important meal can leave you feeling grouchy and irritable.
- Set the Example- if you’re a parent, teaching your children to eat in a healthy way is critical. However, if you avoid breakfast, your kids will automatically assume it isn’t important. Make it a habit for the kids and for yourself.
- Lower Your Risk- Eating breakfast every morning lowers your risk for becoming insulin resistant and getting diabetes. This is because when you skip meals, the cell receptors in your body become less sensitive to insulin, leading to excess sugar in your bloodstream. The body responds by producing more insulin, and the vicious cycle leads to weight gain and possibly type 2 diabetes.
- Be Smarter- Always wanted to be smart? You may never get there if you don’t eat breakfast. Research shows that eating breakfast improves memory function and improve reasoning capacity.
- You’ll be Healthier- You may not have known this, but studies have shown that eating breakfast means you’ll be less likely to engage in health-compromising behaviors, like not exercising, drinking alcohol, and smoking. Reductions in mortality due to cancer and cardiovascular diseases have also been found.
Think you don’t have time to visit Kettleman’s Bagel Co. and eat a healthy, delicious breakfast? Think again. With the help of our Ottawa catering company, you can set a good example for your children, become healthier, and improve your mood. Visit us today to see how our breakfast can help you.