There’s nothing quite so tasty as a warm knish on a cool spring day. It warms the heart, creates nostalgic feelings, and satisfies the taste buds as well. When it comes to the spinach knishes from Kettleman’s Bagel Co., though, there are more benefits to be obtained.
Spinach is a leafy green that is packed with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients our bodies need to stay healthy. In fact, calorie for calorie, it can provide many more nutrients than most other foods. While a spinach knish from our Ottawa catering company may taste like a treat, the ingredients within it pack a punch that can impact your overall health.
Health Benefits of Eating Spinach
- The spinach within a knish is cooked, just like the rest of the knish. This actually increases the health benefits because the body isn’t able to completely break down all the nutrients in spinach when it is in its raw form. Studies have shown that a half a cup of cooked spinach is able to provide three times as much nutrition as one cup of raw.
- Spinach is wonderful for digestion and your gastrointestinal system. Research has found that spinach has the ability to ease constipation and flush out toxins from the colon. It has also been shown to protect the mucus lining of the stomach, allow those who eat it to be less likely to experience ulcers.
- This nutrient-packed leafy green plays a vital role in skin care. The wonderful amount of vitamins and minerals in spinach can dramatically improve the health of your skin by relieving dry, itchy skin and leaving your complexion looking radiant.
- Spinach is loaded with compounds called flavonoids, which act like antioxidants in the body. These compounds protect your body from free radicals that can lead to serious illnesses and diseases, like cancer. It is also an outstanding source of Vitamin A and C, which can further help reduce the amount of free radicals in the body, which at the same time lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Spinach is good for your eyes. A carotenoid called lutein, which is found in spinach, protects against diseases of the eye like macular degeneration and age-related cataracts.
There are, of course, many other health benefits to eating spinach. For instance, did you know that some studies have shown that eating green leafy vegetables like spinach on a daily basis can actually prevent brain function from declining as we age? It’s true.
Of course, for many of us, it isn’t the health benefits of a food that really win us over. It’s the taste. With spinach knishes from Kettleman’s Bagel Co., you get the best of both worlds. These mouthwatering snacks allow you to satisfy your hunger while eating something will give you a stronger, healthier body. These snacks are even something your children will love!
The next time you place an order with our Ottawa catering company or visit us in person, consider ordering our spinach knishes. With their excellent taste and bountiful health benefits, we know you love them.