Walking around the streets of downtown, and the lawns of Parliament Hill, Major’s Hill Park, Jacques Cartier, you will be able to experience, live performances, fireworks, games and some really great food.
We are going to share with you, the best way to spend your Canada Day this year.
Canada Day in Ottawa
1. Be in Ottawa
Ottawa is the best place to be on Canada Day. This is where all of the exciting events and shows will be taking place.
- 9 a.m. – Flag raising ceremony
- 9:30 a.m – Changing the Guard ceremony
- 10 a.m. – Carillon concert featuring the Peace Tower bells
- 12 p.m. – Performance by the Snowbirds Demonstration team, and a noon hour show filled with cultural entertainment.
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Visitors can enjoy 1930s- and 1940s-style swing dancing and acrobatic performances and dance workshops by Ottawa’s Swing Dynamite Dance School.
- For families, Jacques Cartier Park will host a variety of activities especially for children ages 3 to 12 including games, physical activities, performances and inflatable slides.
- For revelers of all ages there will be free activities at most of the area’s national museums and institutions.
- The evening show on Parliament Hill features a stellar lineup of Canadian performers.
- The evening will be topped off by an amazing fireworks show
2. Enjoy a Delicious Lunch
Ottawa is home to some of the best foods. The best of these being Kettleman’s Bagel Company. If you are planning on being in Ottawa this Canada Day, Kettleman’s is a must! Kettleman’s is well known and loved for their freshly made, traditional bagels and sandwiches. Upon arriving at Kettleman’s you will immediately be able to see employees hand-making bagels in good old fashion style. Stop in for a snack, or a filling lunch/dinner. Whenever you decide to go, you can count on Kettleman’s being opened, as they are 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
3. Spend The Day with Family and Friends
The most important aspect of enjoying your Canada Day this year, is to spend it with your friends and family. Good food, good fun, games, dancing, there are activities for everyone at the Canada Day celebration. Create memories that will last forever, and enjoy one of the few days per year where you don’t have to go to work!
Kettleman’s Bagel Company
From all of us here at Kettleman’s Bagel Co., we hope you have a wonderful Canada Day!
If you’re planning on staying at home this year with family and friends, let Kettleman’s be your caterer! Don’t worry about being in the kitchen cooking, enjoy the company of your family, and the delicious taste of the best Ottawa catering company.